BY – Aayoushi painuli, MHA 2017-2019
ASSIGNMENT ON CONTROLLING
- DEFINATION OF CONTROLLING.
- SCOPE OF CONTROLLING.
- REQUIREMENT OF EFFECTIVE CONTROL SYSTEM.
- TECHNIQUE OF CONTROLLING.
- FEATURES OF CONTROLLING.
- ADVANTAGE OF CONTROLLING.
- IMPORTANCE OF CONTROLLING.
- KINDS OF CONTROLLING.
- LIMITATIONS OF CONTROLLING.
Control is the last function of management. The controlling function will be unnecessary to the management if other functions of management are performed properly.
Planning identifies the activities and controlling regulates the activites.
Success or failure of planning depends upon the results of success or failure of controlling.
“control” is any process that guides activity towards some pre-determined goal. The essence of the concept is in determining wheather the activity is the achieving desire results’’.
According to “EFL BRECH’’-
Controlling is checking current performance against pre-determined standards contents in the plans with a view to ensuring adequate program and satisfaction.
According to “GEORGE &TERRY’’-
Controlling is determining what is bring accomplish that is evaluating the performance and if necessary apply correction so that the performance takes place acc. To plan.
According to “BILLY E. GOETZ’’- Management control seeks to compel events to confirm to plan.
SCOPE OF CONTROLLING:-
- Control over policies of an enterprise
- Control over organisation.
- Control over personal employee in a concern.
- Control over wages and salaries paid to employee.
- Control over cost of materials, labours, over needs and extras.
- Control over production
- Control over capital expenditure
- Control over cost of production, public relation, research and development.
- And equipment and overall control.
Requirements of effective control system:-
- Prompt reporting
- Pointing out exception
- Suggest remedial action
TECHNIQUES OF CONTROL:-
- Gantt milestone chart.
- Critical path method
- Management Information system.
- Zero based budgeting.
- Production control.
- Managerial statistic.
- Internal adult.
- Return on investment.
- Personal observation.
- Standard costing.
- Management adult.
- Responsibility accounting.
- Statistical control report.
CHARACTERISTICS OR FEATURE OF CONTROL:-
- Forward looking
- Dynamic process
- Control involve management
- Influencing factor
- An essence of action
- Controlling process
ADVANTAGES OF CONTROL:-
- Adjustments in operation.
- Verification of policy.
- Managerial accountability.
- Psychological pressure.
- Maintaining morality.
- Control prevents faulty operation and creates a good place based on future and help in taking sound decision.
- Control system ensures corrective decision in case of the plan activity deviation from origin decision.
- Control system provides a good opportunity for decentralization of authority.
- Control brings about coordination is planned activity.
- A good control system acts as a disciplinary measure and brings about operational efficiency.
IMPORTANCE OF CONTROLLING:-
- Facilitates decision making = executive decision are primarily control decision.
- Facilitates decentralization= executive wish to decentralize and delegate authority when there is an efficient system of control.
- Stimulates action = control provides the basis for further action by spotting and correcting mistakes
- Enhance employee morality = a good control system is vital to motivation and morality of employee. workers do not like a situation that is out of control for it means that they cannot predict what will happen to them.
- Promotes efficiency of operation = control contributes organization efficiency by focusing on the achievement of objectives.
- Promote coordination = control promotes coordination between diff. units of organization by providing them unity of direction.
KINDS OF CONTROL
Control maybe grouped according to three general classifications:
- The nature of information flow designed into the system (open –or-closed –loop control).
- The kind of components included in the design (man or machine control system).
- The relationship of control to the decision process (organizational or operational control).
LIMITATIONS OF CONTROL
- Absence of perfect standards.
- Uncontrollable factors.
- Difficulty in fixing responsibility.
- Expensive process.
- Managers are critical to getting things done in organizations.
- Manager coordinates and oversees the work of other people so that organizational goals can be accomplished.
- The control function of management is the fundamental functions of management and very necessary to achieve the desired objectives of the organization efficiently.
- It ensures that the organization is moving to the right direction.